Many people don’t realize how important the first impression is. This is particularly true for college students and for low income people who are job hunting. It’s possible that the interviewee doesn’t even have access to the tools needed to make a good impression. This is why many organizations and companies will have information sessions to teach college students and low income populations about successful interviewing techniques. In this video, Doral Bank not only has a session of this sort, but offers professional clothing for the students to take home and use for their interviews.
Here are some other important tips for doing well in the interview process.
1. Dress appropriately and professionally.
2. Bring a copy of your resume and any other materials that they might need. This is true even if you’ve already given the company a copy of your resume.
3. Come on time, or even a few minutes early.
4. Ask questions during the interview. You shouldn’t feel that the company is grilling you. Show an interest in them and make sure to ask them questions as well.
5. Shake hands and say thank you.